8 Beauty Tips With Homemade Honey Mixtures
1. Honey Exfoliator
For an incredible way to exfoliate the skin, try making this super simple honey mixture that can either be used on the face, or your whole body.
- Mix 2 parts honey and 1 part baking soda in a small container that can be closed up and stored for repeated usage
- Rub the mixture gently on your face for 30 seconds, than rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat process once a week to soften and revitalize skin tone.
2. Milk and Honey Bath Soak
Next time you draw up a nice, relaxing bath, be sure to add a little honey to the mix.
- Combine ¼ cup of honey with 2 cups of milk, and a few drops of essential oil
- Pour mixture into warm bath water
4. Lemon-Honey Facial Treatment
Lemons are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, as well as alpha hydroxyl acids that exfoliate the skin. However, lemons should be used in direct contact with the skin with caution, because its acids can strip your skin of its protective layer and leave it dry. This is where honey comes in.
- Cut a lemon in half and remove the seeds
- Add 1 tsp of honey to one side of the lemon halves and rub all over the face.
- Let this sit 5 minutes, and then rub off. This slightly unconventional facemask will leave your skin soft and exfoliated.
3. Shine-Boosting Hair Rinse
Help to keep your hair sleek, smooth and shining with these simple honey mixtures. Try both out and decide which one works better for your hair.
- Combine 1 spoonful of honey with a quart of warm water
- Rinse through hair after shampooing
- Let condition for an hour, then rinse
- Mix 1 ½ tsp honey with 5 cups of warm water
- Comb it through your hair and leave it on
- Dry and style as usual
5. Skin Lotion
When your skin starts the dry out, count on honey to come to the rescue. Mix a spoonful of honey with a teaspoon of olive oil and a little lemon juice. Apply this simple mixture to dry skin and let sit for 20 minutes before wiping off with warm water.
6. Honey Almond Body Scrub
Another awesome body exfoliator you can use has equal parts of honey and almonds in it. The texture from the ground almonds exfoliates the skin, while the honey moisturizes the skin.
7. Moisturizing Honey Masks
Keep your skin smooth with a simple facial mask. Try using this once a week for more moisturized skin.
- Scoop a generous amount of honey on your hand
- Spread all over your face, rubbing gently into your skin
- Let sit for 5-30 minutes
- Rinse with warm water.
8. Honey Facial Cleanser
Honey is great at dissolving makeup after a long day. Combine honey with coconut oil to create a mix that’s easy to spread. When washing your face in the morning and night, you can rub this into your skin (avoiding the eyes) to loosen makeup and unclog pores. Rinse it all off with warm water.